What's at the Festival?
Café & Market
The Café & Market will feature additional food selections including salads, house made quiche, naan pizzas, all featuring local ingredients. The Market includes many locally made products to purchase and make at home. Many of our Market products are available to sample in our outside tent space.
Fox Run Beverage Locations
We offer our award winning wines by the glass or bottle as well as soda, ice tea and water. ALSO - additional WINE SATELLITE up the hill in front of vendors in Vineyard Row.
Admission & Parking is FREE!
There will be parking attendants to assist you in finding a parking spot. This is a very busy weekend and you will be directed as to where you can park on the vineyard grounds.
There will be shuttles from the parking lots to the festival area available throughout the weekend.
Wine Club Members Tent
Wine Club Members have a special tent to mingle with the winemakers and sample unreleased wines or barrel samples. Decorations will be provided by the Corning Museum of Glass. Members are allowed to bring up to two guests to join them in the tent. Not yet a Wine Club Member? Signups are available during the weekend.
Glass Blowing Demostrations by the Corning Museum of Glass
Watch live demostrations by a master glassmaker as they tranform a hot ball of molten glass and into something special. The Corning Museum of Glass will be doing demos during the Garlic Festival weekend.
22nd Annual Glorious Garlic Festival - August 2 & 3, 2014 - 11am-5pm
We invite you to join us for this cool-climate garlic festival which is one of the East Coast's hallmark summer happenings. Celebrating the numerous types of garlic cultivated in the Finger Lakes region, thousands of enthusiasts will gather the weekend of August 2-3 on the winery's verdant grounds that overlook Seneca Lake.
The two days of the festival include cooking demonstrations, garlic tastings and ample opportunities to meet the area's top artisan garlic growers and chefs. Added to the mix are a rich array of Finger Lakes food producers, live music and entertainment for the entire family. Throughout the festival, step inside the Tasting Room to sample our latest releases and refreshing wines for summer. A garlic-infused festival menu will be offered daily, crafted by acclaimed Rochester chef/restaurateur Tony Gullace, expertly matched to the signature estate wines of Fox Run.
We need your help! Over the weekend of the festival, Fox Run will be accepting new, unwrapped toys as a donation for the Yates County Christmas for the Needy. On May 14th of this year, the Christmas for the Needy of Yates County lost its entire toy inventory during the floods in Penn Yan. A picking bin will be featured prominently Sunday afternoon during the performance by Dave & Duane Keogh (of The Town Pants fame), where festival goers can drop off their donation.
Thursday Night Concert at Fox Run - Thursday, July 31st
The Thursday night before the Garlic Festival is a great time to enjoy the Finger Lakes with great wine and food. The Town Pants return for a 6th straight year!
Food and drinks will be available starting at 5 pm with music starting at 6. FREE Admission & Parking. No coolers please!
Festival Food Menus
The 2014 menu includes:
- Tabbouleh with Roasted Garlic, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Parsley, Lemon and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Roasted Garlic with Roasted Peppers and Pita Chips
- Local Mushrooms in Garlic-Parsley Sauce
- Corn and Black Bean Salad with Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
- White Pizza with Roasted Garlic, Mozzarella, Parmesan and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Jumbo Italian Garlic Sausauge with Sauteed Peppers & Onions
- 40 clove BBQ Pulled Pork with Coleslaw
- Garlic Fries with Roasted Garlic Aioli
- Basic Cheeseboard with Lively Run Chévre, Sunset Raw Milk Seneca, Stella Vallis Tomme and Jakes Smoked Gouda
- Advanced Cheeseboard with Nettle Meadow 3 Sisters, Jersey Girl Colby, Lively Run Cayuga Blue, Muranda Bel Ceillo
- Garlic Lovers Cheeseboard: Double the Garlic, Double the Cheese! Muranda Roasted Garlic, Nettle Meadow Garlic, Olive Oil Chévre
- Create Your Own Cheeseboard with your favorite NYS Cheese
- Featured Salads
- Naan Pizza with Zucchini and Pesto served with mixed greens
- House-made Quiche Lorraine served with mixed greens
- Mixed Greens served with baguette
- Cup of Soup served with baguette
- Fox Run Wines available by the Glass & Bottle
- 11:30 am: Cooking Demo: Chef from the New York Wine & Culinary Center
- 1:00 pm Lecture: Garlic Braiding Demo with Peter Gambino, Gambino Garlic Growers
- 2:15 pm Cooking Demo: Chef Brud Holland, Finger Lakes Made
- 3:30 pm: Cooking Demo: Christopher Bates, MS, FLX Wienery
- 12-2: Virginia Schwartz on Fiddle (Virginia is a former member of The Town Pants)
- 3-5: Bob & Dee
- 12-2:Rebecca Colleen and the Chore Lads
- 3-5:Not Sold Separately (Dave & Duane Keogh of The Town Pants)
- A & L Garlic, Holley
- African Presents, Rochester
- Angel Art Pottery, Lodi
- Cayuga Creamery, Interlaken
- Corning Museum of Glass, Corning
- Country Gourmet Creations, Moravia
- Earthly Possession Boutique, Geneva
- Finger Lakes Black Currants, Penn Yan
- For Claudia's Sayke, Hammondsport
- Fox Run Vineyards, Penn Yan
- Gambino Garlic Growers, Hornell
- Hooper Garlic, Fultonham
- Knob View Farm, Stroudsburg PA
- Java-Gourmet, Inc., Penn Yan
- Jake's Garlic, Holley
- JD Gourmet, Hightstown NJ
- Joe's Jerky, Sherrill
- Knapp Farm, Lowman
- Knob View Farm, Stroudsburg PA
- Lively Run Goat Dairy, Interlaken
- MacDonald Farms, Romulus
- Mark S. Bowman, Canandaigua
- Mele Garlic Farm, Holley
- Mill Creek Farm, North Chili
- Muranda Cheese Company, Waterloo
- Naples Valley Brand Products, Naples
- Papa's Kettle Korn, York PA
- Papillon Boutique, Geneva
- Red Jacket Orchards, Geneva
- Schiek's Maple Products, Penn Yan
- Seneca Vegetables, Hall
- Six Circles Farm, Lodi
- Stony Brook Wholehearted Foods, Geneva
- Tabasco Chris, Mechanicville
- Twin Peaks Garlic Farmers, Canisteo
- Upstate New York Garlic Farm, Holley
Fox Run Café Menu
Garlic Lectures & Demonstrations
sponsored by Finger Lakes Public Radio WEOS
The 2014 schedule includes these great chefs and growers:
Fox Run Vineyards Garlic Festival is known for the taste and smell of garlic, but an aspect that always receives high praise as well is the enjoyable and varied entertainment. Here is the lineup for 2014:
Garlic Festival Tent & Vineyard Row Vendors
We have vendors located throughout the grounds, including three large vendor tents as well as additional vendors lined up along our Vineyard Row. We hope that you were able to visit all of our vendors!
Vendor space for 2014 is SOLD-OUT. Last year's vendors have the first opportunity to renew but we do have a waitlist for vendors. If you would like to be added to our waitlist, please download the following form, complete it and return it to the Fox Run Marketing team. Download the Vendor Waitlist Form